IN-CAR VIDEO SYSTEM
4RE Digital HD System
Due to its simple controls, wireless uploads and panoramic cameras, the 4RE
has become the leader among law enforcement agencies for boy-cam and in-car video policing.
DRAMATICALLY INCREASE CONVICTION RATES
The National Police Chiefs Council (2016)* costed out a Constable's time at just under
£60 per hour, and administration staff at £27 per hour. With automatic recording,
automatic data linking, automatic upload and automatic purging of data, the WatchGuard
system accrues a real and quantifiable time saving at every step of the evidence gathering process.
IN-CAR VIDEO CAMERAS
Zero Sight Line (ZSL) Camera
Compact HD camera completely hides behind the rear-view mirror to ensure zero obstruction to the officer's line off sight. Offers 68º field of view, 16:9 wide screen aspect rato and U-WDR 720p.
HD Mini Zoom Camera
Compact camera with easy-to-use controls, including auto-zoom and auto-focus, provides 12x optical zoom, 57º max field of view, 16:9 wide screen aspect rato and U-WDR 720p.
Infrared Cabin Camera
A compact, vandal resistant camera with 18 built-in infra-red LEDs.
Rear/Side Facing Camera
An unobtrusive additional camera that can be mounted in the rear or side of a vehicle to capture evidence out of sight.
The highly versatile two-piece body-worn camera system is amazingly small and lightweight. The interchangeable head-and body-mounted HD cameras are perfect for changing assignments and uniform types
MOTORCYCLE AND INTERVIEW ROOM VIDEO SYSTEMS
4REm Motorcycle System
The industry-leading features of the 4RE in-car system integrate with a
weatherproof camera. 4REm was designed to withstand the harsh
environments experienced by law enforcement motorcycle fleets.
4RE Interview Room
Because of the trusted security of 4RE and Record-After-the-Fact technology, police agencies can interview suspects and witnesses with confidence. Critical video confessions and statements are never missed.
The industry standard for evidence management. Evidence Library offers an
incredibly versatile platform, with cloud, on-premise, and hybrid options.
COMBINED OR SEPARATE VEHICLE VIDEO AND ANPR?
CASE STUDY: WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE
In 2017 West Yorkshire Police chose the WatchGuard 4RE Video system to equip all of their Roads Policing and Armed Response vehicles as well as a range of other fleet vehicles. Some vehicles also required Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR). West Yorkshire Police decided to run a separate ANPR system alongside the WatchGuard video instead of using an integrated system. Below is a list of factors that were taken into consideration before making their final decision.
• Not every vehicle needed ANPR, equally not every vehicle needed a Video system. Independent systems mean vehicles can be configured with equipment most appropriate to their purpose.
• Separate systems mean a simpler, less cluttered and independent interface. Everything is accessible at a touch, as opposed to an integrated system which can rely on scrolling through multiple menus to reach critical functions.
• Separate systems mean a faster and more streamlined user experience, with improved functionality in high pressure situations making simultaneous control possible.
• Video systems use high definition cameras to gather top quality video evidence whereas ANPR system cameras have a narrow field of view for reading number plates, ANPR overview cameras are invariably low quality, producing footage of little evidential value.
• Integrated systems prioritise ANPR over video evidence. Recording is added as an afterthought using standard definition cameras, and often compromises overall system performance. Operating independently ensures no loss of quality or performance.
• When an officer uses an unfamiliar vehicle with any combination of equipment, the controls should always be in the same location where the officer expects them to be.
• Separating Video and ANPR offers greater vehicle availability – a vehicle with separate systems can still be used with some loss of function, however failure of an integrated solution puts the vehicle off the road